Moped Mondays



Spent the day with my dad in the backyard, tinkering with my moped. It gave us time to reconnect and learn more about my dad and his childhood and what is was like to grow up in the British Isles for four years. Its crazy to know that he used to have a European accent when he was young, and went to etiquette school and everything. When he came to the states and grew up on the Florida coast, he was a beach bum to the max. Sun burnt everyday, out on the beach riding the waves. His parents wanted him to be a doctor (like his father was, and like his brother did become) but my dad wasn't buying into that life. Talking to him always makes me know myself a little bit better, because I get so much from my dad. From our wanderlust-rebel spirit, our love of thrifting and discovering old-used-gems, and our soft supple hearts because we care so much for other people.
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.


After my first spin on my moped,  my dad and I celebrated by sharing a beer.
I couldn't think of a more perfect day off and I couldn't think of more perfect parents.

Post a Comment