Pre-Europe




I will be traveling to Europe (Germany, Italy, & Switzerland to be exact) for 10 days.
I will be going alone, and meeting up with a tour group of people of similar age.
I am nervous, but oh so excited!

I have always wanted to go to Europe, and have always waited for someone to prepare/save to go with me, but I got tired of waiting, so I'm taking this journey into my own hands.
I couldn't be more excited and more proud of myself to take this leap.


Preparing for Europe has been a learning process all on its own. Learning that I need to get converter/adapters, how currency exchange works, preparing my phone plans/ cards, and trying to pack light, yet purposefully.

I knew from the moment I booked the trip, I wanted to try to document everything about this trip. So I immediately wanted a journal. I didn't want to buy one, I wanted to get very "pinterest" about it and make my own, so I did just that. Luckily, in my typography class, we had a project that called for hand binding a book, so I already knew how to stitch a binding on a book. If you don't, check out Sea Lemon on youtube. She has amazing tutorials to help you through the process.

I went to my local used book store, and got a book with a decent hard cover. I made sure the book wasn't of that much value reading wise, because I would hate to ruin a good book. I talked to the lady at the bookstore, who asked me immediately "So what are you gonna do with this?" like she could tell I was on a project mission, and wasn't actually going to read it. I told her I was going to make a journal, and she told me of a man that comes in and buys almost the same books and folds all of the pages, so that when the book is closed, it shows a picture when you look at it. How awesome!

I took the book home, gutted out all of the pages. I added burlap to the inside seam, and a faux leather to the outer spine. I then stitched in all of my "signatures" and this is how it came out:



Another step, was getting some foreign currency to have right when I land. I had the nicest "bank guy"(?) help me and tell me all about using my money overseas.



Next step is packing purposefully. Im tend to overpack, so Im really trying to impress myself with my ability to pack light, we will see how that goes. But I am oh so excited! I leave in almost two days! I am going to try to document as much as possible in my journal, and will have so many updates to post when I get back!

You can follow me on my insta: emilyybones or add me on snapchat: emilyybones

STAY TUNED FOR EMILY GOES TO EUROPE!




Post a Comment