I Pull out a Map and Stare


"Anytime I feel lost, I pull out a map and stare. I stare until I have reminded myself that life is a giant adventure, so much to do, to see."     -Angelina Jolie

Spent the morning doing mundane adult things. Cleaning. Organizing. Getting rid of things. Every time  I clean, I just want to give more and more away. I realize how much 'stuff' I have and it seriously makes me ill even having to deal with it. I don't need all this 'stuff'. So my next mission is to minimize my life as far as I can in regards to how much 'stuff' I have.
Its going to be painful I know. Coming from a girl that keeps all my ticket stubs that remind me of nights out, and special wristbands, etc. But I think that stuff is okay to keep. I put it in a box that I keep away and take out when I need some nostalgia or life reflecting.
Im talking about all the 'clothes, dvds, knickknacks, jewelry that I haven't worn in years' that I keep because "one day" I'll wear it, or "one day" I will use it. Well no; not anymore. Im going to slowly go through everything and get rid of it all.
Take all the money I make, put it towards what I really want:
trips and a new camera to document my trips.
Thats it. Simple. Perfect.

Also, to add, usually when I clean I put on some music, depending on my mood. But today, I had the house to myself, and I just did everything in silence. I opened the windows, listened to the birds and the wind, and cleaned in silence, and it was way more relaxing than having music on. Just the simpleness of it. I feel as people we overstimulate ourselves on a daily basis. But we forget how great it can be to just turn everything off.



Post a Comment